25 Tweetable Tips for Building Your Presence on LinkedIn
LinkedIn is one of the most powerful, yet grossly underused, social networks out there today. The site has over 33 million members, 40% of whom log on to the website every day. Yet, few companies really take advantage of everything LinkedIn has to offer.
That’s why I put together this list of tweetable tips – 25 LinkedIn tips in 140 characters or less! Feel free to share these LinkedIn tweetable tips with your followers.
1) Optimize your profile with key phrases your customers use to search for you. It will help your company rank higher in search results.
2) Join groups where your customers live. Interact with members, comment on discussions, so you can promote your business without marketing.
3) Before a presentation, update your profile with your latest qualifications. Attendees will review it to assess your credibility. @Ethos3
4) Keep link titles under 70 characters and link descriptions under 250 characters. @Hubspot
5) Including a link with your post drives 200% more engagement. @QuickSprout
6) Publishing 20 posts per month allow you to reach 60 percent of your audience. @LinkedIn
7) Convert fans with offers. LinkedIn is 277% more effective for lead generation than Facebook or Twitter.
8) Make your profile look more professional (and easier to share) by claiming your LinkedIn vanity URL. @Hubspot
9) Add videos, images, documents, links, and presentations to the Summary, Education, and Experience section.
10) List all of your skills. Then, give endorsements to encourage others to return the favor. @iBoomerang
11) Allow others to see who you are if you view their profile by clicking Select what others see when you’ve viewed their profile in Settings.
12) Export your connections to your contact management system by going to Network > Contacts > Advanced Settings > Export Connections.
13) Share your LinkedIn status updates on Twitter by selecting the Public + Twitter option in the Share With dropdown.
14) Want another user or company to see your status update? Include the @ symbol immediately followed by their name in your status update.
15) Make sure your Company Page is set up correctly and optimized for the latest layout to appear more professional and build client trust.
16) Create targeted showcase pages to promote specific products or cater to your individual marketing personas. @iBoomerang
17) Use Pulse to follow specific Influencer contributors, publishers, or topic-related channels to stay on top of industry news and stories.
18) Get a sense of which types of content are most popular on LinkedIn in your industry with LinkedIn’s Trending Content tool.
19) For lead gen, promote and share links to your landing pages in company status updates, Groups, calls-to-action, and on Showcase Pages.
20) LinkedIn’s PPC ads let you target specific job titles, job functions, industries, or company size.
21) Build out the Careers section of your Company Page, which you can use to promote your available job openings.
22) Make the most of your LinkedIn Company Page by publishing company status updates for all your page followers to see.
23) Promote your company’s LinkedIn presence and help grow the reach of your Company Page by adding the Company Follow button to your website.
24) Page Insights offers data of your page’s status updates, engagement, and reach, as well as info about your page’s followers.
25) When introducing yourself, don’t be self-centered. Be generous, genuine, and focus on the other person. @EmmieMartin