How many voicemails do you leave potential clients awaiting a response? How many e-mails do you send a week? How many cold calls have you made today?
If you don’t know your own numbers, you probably should start getting to know them. The real truth of a sales person is that 80% of sales require five follow-up calls after a meeting. However, 44% of salespeople give up after just one follow-up. The discrepancy between these two statistics shows that persistence is a key determining factor in closing a deal.
Sidekick by HubSpot compiled 107 fantastic sales statistics that prove the importance of persistence in the sales world. Here are just a few to keep you persistent in closing that sale and to help you sell in a smarter way:
- If you follow up with web leads within 5 minutes, you’re 9 times more likely to convert them.
- Companies that nurture leads make 50% more sales at a cost 33% less than non-nurtured leads.
- 78% of decision makers polled have taken an appointment or attended an event that came from an email or cold call.
- Personalized emails including the recipient’s first name in the subject line have higher open rates.
- 93% of converted leads are contacted by the 6th call attempt.
- 91% of customers say they’d give referrals. Only 11% of salespeople ask for referrals.
- 50% of sales time is wasted on unproductive prospecting.
Check out all 107 statistics at HubSpot and start selling smarter and more efficiently!
Are you using iBoomerang?